THE APOSTLES' DOCTRINE
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God, giving a true history of the creation of heaven, earth, and humanity and containing a correct prophecy of the ages to come regarding heaven, earth, and the destiny of humanity. Moreover, there is no salvation outside of what is taught in its pages.
- There is only ONE GOD: the creator of the heavens and the earth and of all mankind, manifested to mankind as FATHER (Creator), SON (Savior), and HOLY GHOST (indwelling Spirit).
- God is a Spirit , the Eternal One, the Creator of all things; and, of course, of all men, thus making Him their Father through creation.
- HE is the FIRST and the LAST and beside Him there is no God.
- There was no god formed before Him, neither shall there be after Him.
- Jesus is the SON of God according to the flesh (Rom 1:3),
The very God Himself according to the Spirit (Matt. 1:23).
Jesus is the Christ (Matt. 16:16),
The Creator of all things (Col. 1:16,17);
God with us (Matt. 1:23); God made flesh (John 1:1-14);
God manifested in the flesh (1 Tim. 3:16);
He which was, which is and which is to come, THE ALMIGHTY (Rev. 1:8; Isa. 9:6).
To this, Jesus Himself testified when He said: "He that hath seen me hath seen the father" (John 14:7-11); and "I and my Father are one" (John 10:30).
- Since it took shedding of blood for the remission of sins of the world (Heb 9:22),
God as the Father, being a SPIRIT, had no blood to shed; so He prepared a body of flesh and blood (Heb. 10:5), that He might fulfill the prophecy of Isa. 43:11;
"Beside ME there is no SAVIOR"; and caused the angels to sing,
"For there is born this day in the city of David, a SAVIOUR, which is CHRIST, THE LORD" (Luke 2) THE HOLY GHOST
THE HOLY SPIRIT
- The Holy Ghost is not the third person in the Godhead, but rather the manifestation of the Spirit of God (the Creator), and of the resurrected Christ, coming to dwell in the hearts and lives of all men who will be obedient to the gospel, as the Comforter, Sustainer, and Keeper (John 14:16-26; Rom. 8:11).
- So there are not three GODS, but three MANIFESTATIONS of the ONE God.
- Sin is the transgression of the law or commandments of God.
1 John 3:4
- The guilt of which has fallen upon all men from the sin of Adam until this present time, the wages and results of which culminate in eternal death to all those who refuse to accept salvation as set forth in the Word of God.
Romans 6:23 & Revelation 20:14
- Salvation consists of deliverance from all sin and unrighteousness through the blood of Christ; by repentance from sin, water baptism in the name of the Jesus Christ for there mission of sins, and receiving the baptism of the Holy Ghost, and the continuance of a godly life.
- Water Baptism is an essential part of New Testament salvation;
- Water Baptism can be administered only by immersion (Col. 2:12).
Jesus mentioned being "BORN (to bring forth) of the water" (John 3:5);
Paul said, "We are BURIED with Him (Jesus Christ) by baptism (Rom. 6:4);
Jesus "Came up OUT of the water" (Mark 1:10);
Philip and the Eunuch "Went down INTO the water," and "Came up OUT of the water" (Acts 8:38-39).
- Jesus' death, burial, and resurrection was a type of our salvation.
"REPENT (death to sin), and be BAPTIZED (burial) every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the HOLY GHOST" (resurrection).
- The name in which baptism is administered is as important as immersion.
The name of JESUS CHRIST.Jesus last command to His disciples was, "Go ye, therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them (all nations) in the NAME of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost" (Matt. 28:19). You will notice He said NAME, not NAMES. As we have previously explained, Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are not names, but TITLES of positions held by God. We see quickly that this is true as we hear the angel announce, "She shall bring forth a Son, and thou shalt call His NAME JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins" (Matt. 1:21).
- This name the Apostles understood to be JESUS CHRIST, and from the first day that the church of God was established on the day of Pentecost (Acts 2:36-41), until the end of their ministry, they baptized all nations (Jews, Acts 2:38-41; Samaritans, Acts 8:16; Gentiles, Acts 19:5) in the name of JESUS CHRIST.
BAPTISM OF THE HOLY GHOST
- The baptism of the Holy Ghost is the birth of the Spirit (John 3:5); that spiritual baptism necessary to put anyone into the kingdom of God (God's true church; the bride of Christ), and is evidenced by speaking in OTHER TONGUES (other languages) as the Spirit of God gives utterance.
- It was prophesied by Joel (Joel 2:28, 29) and Isaiah (Isa. 28:11); foretold by John the Baptist (Matt. 3:11); purchased by the blood of Jesus, and promised by Him to His disciples (John 14:26; 15:26); and first outpoured on the day of Pentecost upon the Jews (Acts 2:1-4); then upon the Samaritans (Acts 8:17); and upon the Gentiles (Acts 10:44-46; 19:6) and "The promise is unto you, and to your children, and to ALL that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call" (Acts 2:39).
TONGUES (languages) have two classifications as follows:
- Speaking in OTHER TONGUES (languages) as the Spirit of God gives utterance.Speaking in OTHER TONGUES as the Spirit of God gives utterance is the manifestation God has given as a definite, undisputable supernatural WITNESS or SIGN of the baptism of the Holy Ghost.It was prophesied by the prophet Isaiah as "the rest and the refreshing (Isa. 28:11, 12); foretold by Jesus as a SIGN that would follow every believer of the gospel (Mark 16:16, 17); and poured first upon the Jews at Pentecost (Acts 2:4); then the Gentiles at Caesarea, thus fulfilling the prophecy of Joel, that it should be poured out upon ALL FLESH (Joel 2:28, 29: Acts 2:15-18).
- The GIFT OF TONGUES (languages) as mentioned in 1 Corinthians.
The GIFT OF TONGUES, or unknown tongues, mentioned by Paul in 1 Cor. 12:1, 10, and concerning which he gives regulation in 1 Cor. 14:1-40 is that GIFT given by God to only some believers to be used for self-edification (1 Cor. 14:4) except when there is an interpreter present (1 Cor. 14:27, 28), when it may be used to edify the church.It is especially distinguished from speaking in other tongues as the Spirit of gives utterance in that this gift at a moment's moving of the Holy Spirit is given a Divine fluency, to utter a message that must be interpreted when it takes place in public worship; "For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful." It can be misused (1 Cor. 13:1), and therefore needs proper regulation (1 Cor. 14:23-28).This is entirely different and separate from that which God gives as an witness of the baptism of the Holy Ghost.
- After we are saved from sin, we are commanded to "Go and sin no more" (John 8:11).
- We are commanded to live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world (Tit. 2:12); and warned that without holiness no man shall see the Lord (Heb. 12:14).
- We must present ourselves holy unto God (Rom. 12:1), cleanseourselves from ALL filthiness of the flesh and spirit (2 Cor. 7:1), and separate ourselves from ALL worldliness (James 4:4).
- If the righteous are scarcely saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?
(1 Pet. 4:18).
- No man can do this by his own power, "But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you" (Acts 1:8).
SECOND COMING OF CHRIST
- Jesus Christ is coming back to earth in bodily form as He went away (Acts 1:11), to catch away a holy people (His bride, His church) who have accepted redemption through His blood, by birth of water and of the Spirit, and who are found faithful when He comes.
- "For the LORD HIMSELF shall descend from heaven with a shout and with the voice of the archangel and with the trump of God; and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then WE which are alive and remain SHALL BE CAUGHT UP together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord" (1 Thess. 4:16, 17).
- There will be a resurrection of all the dead, both just and unjust."Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that in the graves shall hear His voice, and shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation" (John 5:28, 29).